Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stashbusting Sewalong 2013

To force myself to stay committed to my blog this year, I am joining the Stashbusting Sewalong 2013 hosted by Cation Designs and EmSewCrazy. I have a giant box of scraps which is NOTHING compared to the beautiful stashes of many of the bloggers I follow, but I should really get around to using what I already have instead of always buying new fabric. I don't even really know the complete contents of my stash (which is a clear indication of how necessary this project is for me!) so I pledged to use at LEAST 10 pieces of my stash, but in reality will definitely use more than that, given that there are 12 months!

Over the course of the year, I will make a themed stashbusting project for each month. The themes of the first 6 months have already been released, and the last 6 will follow eventually (quoted from Cation Designs) :

January: Itty Bits! Sew up those remnants left over from another project, use up some of those tiny scraps that you've been saving... as long as it's less than a yard of fabric, it counts!

February: The Love Challenge

March: Impending Seasonal Change. Regardless of your hemispherical location, the weather will be changing soon... what will you make? Something fun for the coming spring, or something cozy for fall?

April: The Vibrant Color Challenge

May: The Knit Challenge which will REALLY be a challenge for me!

June: Containment! Get ready for those long car trips, summer outings or some good old fashioned cleaning and organizing. We're thinking bags, boxes, totes, purses, pouches, you name it; this month is all about making things to put other things in.

So that's the plan! I have a good idea for my January project that I will HOPEFULLY get around to this weekend!

1 comment: